- UTP - Unshielded Twisted Pair
- STP- Shielded Twisted Pair
- Coaxial Cable
- Fiber Optic Cable
- it has 4 pairs of wires inside the jacket
- each pair is twisted with a different number of twists per inch to help eliminate interference from adjacent pairs and other electrical devices.
- is type of cable that consist of individual wires wrapped in a foil shielding to help provide a more reliable data communication.
- has single copper conductor as its center
- plastic layer provide insulation between the center conductor and a braided metal
- metal helps to block outside interference from fluorescent light, motors and others computers
- consists of center glass core surrounded by several layers of protective materials
- it transmit light rather than electronic signal eliminating the problem of electrical interference.
- able to transmit signals over much longer distance than coaxial and twisted pair.